Monday, November 9, 2009

November is for creating

This month I am trying to keep on task. I have promised myself to work on some creative endeavorer every day of the month. This can be most anything. I have spent this last week working on coming up with t shirt ideas, messing with scripts for an online show, and being part of NaNoWriMo.

Thus far I would say it's been a success for me. I feel I'm accomplishing something and I have solid things to show for it. Sure most of them are typed words that need to be edited a lot for any other human being to lay eyes on them. But I'm accomplishing something in my time instead of just clicking across the internet and doing nothing.

Now I still have yet to reach a point of progress where I am content with continuing that output. I am wanting to get to the point where I'm dedicating 3-5 hours a day on work. And then take a day a week off and just putz around if I feel like it. Currently it's about an hour or two a day that I actually get anything done. My eventual goal is to have people actually look at what I've created and enjoy it. If I can make a little bit of money off ads or sales, even better. But first thing is the creating. Then editing and sharing, followed by tons of marketing. But Novemeber is just dedicated to creation.

This week I hope to get caught up on NaNo (I'm a bit behind after scrapping the 5 thousand words I had on day three), get the intro video for Zombie Conversational filmed so we can get that moving along, and have a rough draft for another show called Ask Lazul (until we come up with a better title). I will check in next week to report if I've pulled any or all of these off.

No comments:

Post a Comment