Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Make Something is a GO!

It's pretty much all I've been thinking or talking about these last two days, a cool magazine project called Make Something. I have set up it's very own Blogspot and have a few pages of content already. Also Weaponizer is running a little "contest" for the second issue, send them micro fiction in a Twitter burst to @Weaponizer and you can be part of their two page spread. Also did I mention the whole first issue's pages have all been taken up by very talented people? All of this in just a weekend. Hell we already have spots filling for the second issue. It's making me very excited and happy. Sure there's still some technical bits that need to be settled, but that's fine, and part of the fun. I also need to start work on my portion of the issue, I have a decent idea on format, but need to kick the content itself around a bit until it fits right.

And this has me thinking. I want to do more. I'm doing quick bursts of research here and there, making notes for after the holidays are done and the magazine's skeleton together so it will just be a matter of clicking all the pieces in at the end, but I have another idea that is peculating that I hope to get going soon. I'm in entering the talking the what if game with friends right now, which means it's getting close. Like I said, very exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment